Bryant University selected BOND to provide preconstruction and construction management services for its new Academic Innovation Center (AIC). This transformative learning facility serves as a welcoming focal point for the Smithfield, RI University. It’s the flagship project for the Bryant Builds Program, the largest facility initiative since Bryant’s move from Providence to Smithfield 45 years ago.
The AIC is a two-story, 48,290 SF facility which includes an innovation forum, faculty space, break-out rooms, admissions center and cross-functional classrooms for students in the College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences. The building is designed to offer unprecedented flexibility, with moveable tables, smart technology and light-filled collaborative spaces that promote experiential teaching and new learning modules.
- Design a complex building envelope comprised of curtain wall, metal panels, cast stone and brick
- Time masonry in accordance with winter season
- Facilitate the timely delivery of long-lead time materials for building’s high end finishes, including materials sourced from Germany
- Work closely with Bryant and EYP to determine phased construction process to minimize disruption to an active campus
- Timely procurement of all technology components such as audio visuals, displays and smart technology systems
- Sequencing plans to coordinate the delivery of complex building envelope
- Value engineering approached saved over $200,000 in material changes
- The AIC provides two-stories of instructional space including new classrooms
- Opens the doors to innovative methods of teaching and learning
- First floor includes a welcome center dedicated to admissions
- LEED certified facility completed in time for Fall 2016 semester